Strategies to Make Your Team Work Efficiently
Efficiency and productivity go hand in hand. Both contribute to increasing profitability for your company. We're sharing a few strategies to support your team in working more efficiently as individuals and as a team.1. Have procedures and policies in place
As your team grows, onboarding can become overwhelming for both the new hire and the manager if there aren't specific guidelines to follow for inter-departmental consistency.
- Getting accustomed to deadlines and their flexibility
- Position expectations and collaboration
- Communication policies and where your team chats
- Where to brainstorm, post and share ideas, etc.
2. Delegation is key
Delegation unfortunately can get a bad rap in most team dynamics. However, much can be accomplished with some simple, respectful delegating from the team leader.
Delegate tasks based on:
- Team member strengths and weaknesses
- Their interests and skill set
- Skills they want to sharpen
Perhaps the most important strategy is communication. Without it, your team will quickly spiral into disarray. Place a strong focus on communication, especially when it involves:
- Task assignments
- Performance expectations
- Any department issues that arise